UptimeVPS, IPsec, books, ep.io, podcasts, servers, Google Cloud SQL, etc.
Post date: Nov 21, 2011 5:56:57 PM
- Deployed first test application to ep.io cloud hosting. I'm planning to use it to replace my lost VPS. I'll be writing more about this topic bit later.
- Made even further caching and performance improvements for 9ox.net. As far as I know, free apps can't fully utilize Google Frontend caching. Even when using "Cache-Control: public, max-age: 300" header row for content which doesn't need to be dynamically generated for each separate requester.
- One of my el cheapo VPS servers just disappeared about one week ago. UptimeVPS.co provider is now gone. But as usual, I had up to date backups, so it's just bit annoying. Monetary loss was also negligible.
- Spotted even more IPsec bugs. I don't have anything good to say about IPsec. Wrote long report about it. Both providers confirmed bugs, and I'm now waiting for fixed firmware for two separate devices from different unnamed providers.
- Spotted clear bug when registering new project ID for Google Cloud SQL.
- In fall I managed to break my e-book's display. After that I have been reading articles and books using my cellphone when ever I had even small free time slice. In summer, it's almost impossible to read from cellphones screen. During winter, it's so cold that it's hard to handle cellphone with thick gloves. But during winter it's easy to wear small head phones under beanie. Therefore I start listening podcasts, I would recommend GRC: Security Now and this WEEK in TECH podcasts.
- Tuned System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 for Hyper-V virtual machines and hardware management cards (SSH) for physical servers.
- Finished reading "Programming Google App Engine" from O'Reilly.