Topic Dump 2016-2
Post date: Sep 11, 2016 8:23:37 AM
- Debian GNU/Hurd 2015 released. Yes I tried it shortly in VM. Seemed to work, that's it. No time or interest to explore further.
- Read and thought about GNSS: GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou -> Compass
- Nice blog post: Three Tales of Second System Syndrome. In this case it's about programming languages, but we've seen similar issues in so many other cases too.
- A nice blog post and analysis about Aerospike database.
- RuPay - Indian domestic card scheme.
- 9 Anti-Patterns Ever Programmer Should Be Aware Of - Excellent post. Made me laugh hard. We've all been there and done that. In form or another. This won't be the first nor the last time.
- Please stop calling databases CP or AP - Excellent post about databases and how reality is more complex than extremely simplified definitions.
- Picture Element in HTML5 - Nice short article about how to use it and utilize source media and picture tags with different image sizes.
- Dreyfus model of skill acquisition - Been there done that. There are rules, but you can bend those when you know what you're doing. As well as of course you use analytical approach and change routines and processes based on deliberate planning for just this case. Nothing new once again.
- Multiprocess Firefox Technical overview - Finally. Who wouldn't have been extremely annoyed by Firefox getting frozen all the time. Also the information about internal APIs is always interesting.
- RFC7540 - Hypertext Transfer Protocol Version 2 (HTTP/2) - Read it completely. Yet this is dump, no extra comments.
- Android CLAT - dns64 464xlat (RFC6877).
- Checked out Universal CDN - But it's just bad. Their site doesn't provide enough information. Which makes them actually look pretty clueless. Also the site ucdn.com it self doesn't utilize their CDN network. It's always server from Netherlands and it's just extremely slow in Asia. Fail, Fail, Fail.