PyPy3, X-Road Europe, Google Dataflow, PyData, Google I/O, VLIV
Post date: Jul 12, 2014 10:40:08 AM
- Checked out SQLite 3.8.5 release.
- PyPy3 released, now there's stable PyPy for Python 3.
- Google started to provide Domains. This means that now you can get absolutely everything you'll need for your Internet operations, from single major cloud provider. (domains.google.com) Also RabbitMQ on Google Compute Engine handles easily million messages / second.
- X-Road Europe - X-Road EU applies proven technology to provide EU cross-border data exchange in a secure, decentralized, low-cost manner
- Phreaked Out series, nice videos about security, hacking, etc. Nothing new for us who follow the field, but you don't do it daily. These are for you, just to give some perspective.
- Google Web Starter Kit - Yet another framework for cross device web development, including live browser reloading, etc.
- Google Dataflow - A successor of MapReduce.
- Watched several Google I/O 2014 Keynote and PyData SV 2014 videos. Btw. I don't know what's wrong with the official I/O 2014 site, but it totally jams my browser.
- Tech stuff: OpenCores, Performance per watt. VLIW, Loongson, Baikal Processor,
- Made some progress with LclBd.com project. Backend is now fully working and I'm enjoying some issues with jQuery and jQuery Mobile. As soon as I have those sorted out I'll launch the site for public.
- Something different: Automatic watch, Balance wheel, Horology. Tourbillon, Aster (missile family)