Decentralization. Cashless, Logs, WA; RTC, SMBv1, BLE2WiFi
- Awesome post: A pseudonymous trust system for a decentralized anonymous marketplace. Strong pseudonymity is concept which I like. Then you can choose attach / lor or not that identity to other identities.
- Another awesome post, Ethereum: Proof of Stake FAQ for Ethereum. I personally haven't ever liked the concept of wasting huge amounts of energy for proof of work, when only extremely small amount of that work will be actually used. It's just so incredibly inefficient.
- Decentralized Trust System. kw: trust transaction, risk invariance theorem, proof-of-trust, reputation system, trust graph, maximum flow algorithm, a trust redistribution algorithm, financial risk, indirect trusts, sybil resilience theorem.
- Why OpenBazaar Token Doesn't Exist. Nice writing about crypto currencies and Initial Coin Offerings (ICO). I've skipped quite a few ICOs because those seem to be the ultimate scam and there are so many "dark patterns" when ICOs are being sold, that that alone makes those often repulsive.
- Why is Decentralization Important - I've personally loved decentralized systems. Because centralization gives ultimate authority to the provider to decide about all the things. At times that's a good thing, but sometimes it isn't.
- Why we need alternatives to e-commerce giants like Amazon - Data collection, contact information sales, charging fees.
- Disrupting the trust business @ The Economist.
- Read many articles how Sweden, China and Somaliland are going cashless. There's nothing new about that. I've got 100€ in my wallet for around two years. Yes, the same two 50€ notes, no coins. I guess at some point I've gotta use those, and get new ones. Because those just deteriorate being carried around. But that makes it very clear that I haven't been using any cash at all.
- Finnish Communications Regulatory Authority - Reminded administrators about logs and related legalization, rights and restrictions.
- Why WhatsApp logo blinks in status bar when deleting chat discussion? AFAIK, it's very misleading. Could give the user impression that the chat being deleted just received a new message. Anyway I tested many use cases and it seems that putting in just a few if statements is to hard for WhatsApp engineers which would prevent potential user errors when using the application. Not surprised. So many programs are absolutely full of issues like these. Another usability issue is that WhatsApp doesn't warn if new message has just arrived or if chat contain unread messages when deleting chat. As positive thing data deletion seems to be working much better than earlier. Older versions of WA left so much poop hanging around that it was totally horrible.
- Configure Windows to use UTC system clock - reg ADD HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation /t REG_DWORD /v RealTimeIsUniversal /d 1
- Easy way to disable CIFS / SMBv1 using Powershell: Set-SmbServerConfiguration -EnableSMB1Protocol $false of course to re-enable it if required just replace the $false with $true.
- Noticed that latest Clonezilla finally allows option to select SMB version to use. Highest supported version is 3.0 but it's much better than the 1.0 which was supported with older versions. That's why I couldn't disable SMBv1 on some of the image servers used for Image files. Of course switching from SMB to some other protocol could have also worked just fine.
- Added default values for Clonezilla to fully automate clone dropping using PXE and default options and scripted configuration for specific systems. System type is automatically identified by the MAC address. Quite nice setup. All you need to do is to make sure system starts PXE boot and that's it. Everything after that is fully automated.
- BLE2WiFi gateway, just noticed that next building has installed BLE2WiFi gateways and using BLE sensor network which is relaying to internet using the gateway. Nice. It seems that some WiFi boxes are also providing direct BLE access, without need for separate gateway devices. - Bluetooth BLE IoT GATT HTTP Proxy Service HPS. - Internet Protocol Support Profile (IPSP) - 6LoWPAN (IPv6 over Low power Wireless Personal Area Networks) - L2CAP (Logical Link Control and Adaptation Protocol).