posted Aug 14, 2012, 9:11 AM by Sami Lehtinen
- I had to configure WLAN (Wi-Fi) network for one case, where mobile devices use it and there are multiple other base stations. I found that D-Link provides Open Sourced WLAN boxes which support Sleep Well power saving solution. Of course I had to read that article too: Avoiding the Rush Hours: WiFi Energy Management via Traffic Isolation (PDF).
- Finished reading: What has worked in investing - Studies of Investment Approaches and Characteristics Associated with Exceptional Returns (Tweedy, Browne Company LLC)
- Read about SSD data remanence and how hard it's to erase data from
drive(s). - Reliably Erasing Data From Flash-Based Solid State Drives (PDF).
- Wrote a lot about SSD drives and optimizations to Finnish Ubuntu / Linux forum. But now information is scattered in several threads and topics. Maybe it would be good idea to write compact SSD optimization / configuration FAQ in Finnish for Ubuntu users? I'll do that if and when I have right mood for it.
- Studied is WPA2 security broken? (MS-CHAPv2 security concerns)