posted Jun 17, 2014, 2:03 AM by Sami Lehtinen
updated Jun 18, 2014, 2:29 AM
- Very nice post about SSD endurance. It seems that many drives are much more durable actually than officially announced. Some people are way overly worried about their SSD drives dying.
- How and when to use SQLite3.
- HTTP/1.1 major update.
- Brotli compression, better than bzip2, gzip and lzma? Well, seems to be so in at least with some use cases.
- LZ4 compression, yet another really fast compression algorithm. This one is suitable for other uses than Brotli.
- Docker misconceptions. I agree with them, adding more tech to stack, usually won't make things simpler. I personally like KISS instead of making overly complicated systems.
- Giving , to bash shell, crashes command not found app. It's just funny.
- BI: How different cultures undestand the time? - Great question, do we always need to be so efficient? What about just relaxing and enjoying?
- This XKCD post made me really smile. I completely agree with them, I don't want to install your crappy apps, not on desktop nor on mobile. Why it doesn't just work?
- When data teleporation, instant global communication will be true? Because it could be! FTL communications. I just wonder if the data matrix router, would be hosted by NSA.
- Google to provide end to end encryption for Gmail? Well, sort of. Yet it's nothing new, GPG has been available for ages, and anyone could have used it, if they just care about security. This discussion seems to be endless and quite silly.
- Meteor framework for building Web apps quickly.
- If I would develop native mobile app now. I would most likely use Kivy for it.
- Studied Apache Thrift communication framework, seems to be interesting, yet I don't have use for it right now. ThirftPy is library for Python users, Thrift Python tutorial.
- Something different: Hydrogen economy, Flow battery, Supercapacitor, Energy storage, Vanadium redox battery, Aurora aircraft, Sukhoi PAK FA T-50, ISEE-3 project is really old, but suddenly again interesting.